On hot summer (April 24,2018) SNS Institution had a cool surprise of meeting our guests from University of Weltec and Whitireia, New Zealand. Our Technical Director Dr. S. Nalin Vimal Kumar Ph.D, chaired the meeting, all the Deans and HOD’s of the SNS Institutions were present in the fully packed Boardroom.
Delegates from New Zealand were
- Malcolm Fair, Associate Head of School, Engineering
- Sushrutha Metikurke– Regional Manager- SouthAsia, International (Wellington Institute of Technology and Whitireia New Zealand)
- Shaaz Hai – Market Manager, South Asia, International (Wellington Institute of Technology and Whitireia New Zealand)
- Dhineshkumar – Sr. Business Development (IDP Education Coimbatore)
The program started with a presentation of our Guests. The presentation contained details of University of Weltec and Whitireia, courses offered, student life in New Zealand, the Multicultural Campus, Business/Company Oriented Researches, Creative Campus, Faculty Development (Triple Trained Teachers- Academic, Teaching Courses, Industry experience) and how the country has become globally the most Business friendly country in recent years.
Courses Offered – Automotive, Beauty Therapy, Addictions Counseling, Built Environment, Business, Construction, creative, Electrical Trade, Engineering, Exercise Science, Hair Dressing and Make up, Health and Hospitality, Tourism, Veterinary, English Language and Funeral Service program.
Entire session was interactive, where our Guests were questioned for details and more value added Information. Important topics that came to discussion were Summer Courses, Sandwich Programs, Research, Valuation and Teaching methodologies, Student exchange program, Faculty exchange program, Online monitored projects from both institutions , Part time courses and Business Oriented Research.
The session had enormous amount of Information passed from both ends, it was also a cultural exchange with a sense of humor.
- People were really surprised to see Funereal Service as a course, it was then explained as a course as one which contains details of embalming and directing the funereal in all forms.
- The Bachelor of Creativity was a eye candy since it offers, six major disciplines-Digital Media, Music, performing arts, Toi – Poutama, Visual arts and writing – publishing.
- The creative studio also had a unique feature of class rooms with glass walls which allows students to be aware of what is happening in other departments also, the staying rooms also had different modes of living where the lights , appliances, Ac switches on and off according to modes selected.
- The Institution is owned and funded by the New Zealand government, with 9 campuses from Auckland to Christchurch.
- Over students of 100 countries are in the university.
- SNS and University of Weltec and Whitireia – Mou’s.
The meeting was organized the SCD Department. With our Technical Director Dr. S. Nalin Vimal Kumar Ph.D, visiting University of Weltec and Whitireia on this May, things may change in a big way for us. Keep your fingers crossed we may soon cross the oceans.
R.N.Raja Ravi shankar
Ap/English – SCD. SNSCE